Well, not exactly to her house but going to see grandma which is the real point right?
We met my grandma at a restaurant today for lunch. Well in my poor planning I had made a calendar for her but wanted to do something else as well. She is the kind of lady that when you ask what she would like for Christmas she says socks. Really? Socks? So I stopped asking years ago. Back to planning, it hit me yesterday oh why don’t I make a book for her. Nothing like last minute moments of brilliance.
I started on it and believe it or not got it finished without the need to stay up all night. It came out perfect for her. Small with lots of pictures.
– 8×8 brown bag book
– 13 sheets of 12×12 paper, your choice.
– You will need additional paper if you want to line the pockets, I didn’t do this
– I backed some of the pictures with scraps from cutting the 8×8 pages. I put pictures in the album and then started with embellishments.
– Flowers – They were stamped using the Beautiful Bunch stamp set and punched using the Fun Flower punch both from Stampin Up http://www.stampinupamy.stampinup.net
– I colored the flowers using the Stampin Up Blendabilities markers
– Wink of Stella Clear
– Flower middles are seed beads glued down
– Metal adornments from http://www.flyingunicornstore.com
– Pocket markers – Air dry clay flowers hot glued to a paper clip in the middle. http://www.flyingunicornstore.com
– Clay flowers sprayed using Prima Color Blooms and 13 arts ink sprays. Also from Flying Unicorn.
– Velvet/Rhinestone Butterflies – from http://www.CraftyCity.com
– Throughout the project I used Alene’s Quick Grab Tacky Glue), Stampin Up Glue Dots and Hot glue.